Quarterly Highlights from NCU
School of Business & Technology Management
- Gabriele Suboch, PhD, published a book titled Real-World Crime Scene Investigation: A Step-by-Step Procedure Manual through CRC Press.
School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Annabelle Goodwin, PhD, and a colleague, presented a roundtable on “Affirming Clinical Work with Clients Who Identify within the Transgender and Gender Non-conforming Community” at the NCFR Groves Conference on Marriage and Family in Denver, Colorado.
- Mary Jill Blackwell, PhD, and NCU alumnae Christopher Gerard Beehner, DBA, 2015, published “The Impact of Workplace Spirituality on Food Service Worker Turnover Intention” in the Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion.
- Mary Jill Blackwell, PhD, published a book titled The Dissertation Strategy - ABD NO MORE!: Instructions and Samples to Develop a Quality Dissertation as Quickly and Painlessly as Possible.
- Shatavia Thomas, DMFT, LMFT, presented a continuing education workshop titled, “Know Thyself: How Self-Awareness and Diversity Experiences Inform our Work with Clients” at Ridgeview Institute in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Shatavia Thomas, DMFT, LMFT, presented a plenary session on self-care at the 2nd Annual AHSI Healthy Families, Healthy Communities Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
School of Education
- Robin Throne, PhD, recently published a study of the personal narratives of Sea Island slavery emancipation in SAGE Open.
- Dina Samora, EdD, recently presented her research “New Trends and Proven Practices in Decreasing Transactional Distance” at the Conference for Meaningful Living and Learning in a Digital World.
- David Reedy, PhD, and a colleague recently published “National College Learning Center Association 2014 Survey Report” in Learning Assistance Review (TLAR), 21(1), 9-18.
- Elizabeth Hardman, PhD, published a chapter titled “Meeting the Professional Development Needs of Special Educators in 21st Century Classrooms” in Avgerinou and Gialamas’ book Revolutionizing K-12 Blended Learning through the i2Flex Classroom Model.
- Alexandru Spatariu, PhD, and a colleague, presented a paper titled “Personal Epistemology and World Views: What Are They and Why Do They Matter in Christian College Education?” at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Innovations in Christian Post-Graduate Pedagogy Annual Conference.
- Luanne Forrest, EdD, served on the AdvancED Accreditation External Review Team which conducted a three-day accreditation review of Kearns High School in Kearns, Utah. The work consisted of an evaluative review of the school's two-year accreditation process documents, as well as an onsite review, determination of the school's Index of Education Quality (IEQ) and creation of final formal reports.
- Lisa Reason, PhD, and two colleagues, co-authored “Cyberbullying in Rural Communities: Origin and Processing Through the Lens of Older Adolescents” in The Qualitative Report, 21(12) to be released December 26, 2016.
- Lisa Reason, PhD, and two colleagues, co-authored a book titled Creating the Anywhere, Anytime Classroom: A Blueprint for Learning Online in Grades K-12 that will be released for publication by Solution Tree in January, 2017.