Quarterly Highlights from NCU
School of Education
- Rebecca Collins, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented Focus Group Needs Assessment: Identifying Skills for the Next Generation at the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services Winter Conference in Appleton, WI.
- Thomas Gambino, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented Keeping Our Children Safe, One School at a Time at the New Jersey Building and Grounds Conference.
- Thomas Gambino, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) is consulting with School Principals and Superintendents on an ongoing basis regarding school security measures to keep children safe in school. This function is through Dr. Gambino’s professional position with the New Jersey Department of Education’s Office of Emergency Planning and Preparedness.
- Beverly Little, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) is a consultant on Better Learning through Structured Teaching: A Framework for the Gradual Release of Responsibility at Union County Public Schools.
- Karen Hjerpe, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented Title IX in Collegiate Athletics at Robert Morris University in conjunction with their National Girls and Women in Sport Day.
- Mia Mercurio-Morse, Ph.D (Adjunct Faculty) presented Faculty and SPA reports: The Guidebook We Wish We Had at The Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) Conference.
- Bob Bulik, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) wrote the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) 2015 Proposal - Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration for the Glendale Adventist Medical Center.
- Donna Rice, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented Leadership in a Diverse World at the National Middle School Cadet Corps. Dr. Rice is also a consultant for Curriculum Development at the National Middle School Cadet Corps.
- Louis (Lou) Wangbert, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented The Turning Point in George Washington's Life at Broward County Social Studies Association in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
School of Psychology
- Mary Streit, PhD (Adjunct Faculty) presented Work Life Balance and Remote/Virtual Employees at the Annual Convention of the Eastern Psychological Association in Philadelphia, PA.
School of Marriage and Family Sciences
- Shatavia (Shay) Thomas, PhD (Foundations Faculty) presented Modern Families of the Real World: The Influence of Pop Culture on Relationships at the NASW Georgia Chapter Cultural Competence and Diversity Conference 2015.
- Sara Blakeslee, PhD (Specialization Faculty) presented at the Ohio Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Annual Conference. The poster session was titled Cultural Considerations in Adapting & Implementing Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
The Graduate School
- Allen Williams, PhD (Dissertation Chair) authored “Graduation Leadership Students’ Perspective on Including Spiritual Topics” for the International Journal of Organizational Analysis.
- Allen Williams, PhD (Specialization Faculty) authored “Faculty Perspectives on the Inclusion of Spirituality Topics in Nonsectarian Leadership and Management Education Programs” for the International Journal of Management Education.